Rwanda – Land of a Thousand Hills Safari
Welcome, and brace yourself for a gorilla trek along the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Have an opportunity to see the mountain gorillas up close.
Kigali International Airport
- Accommodation and meals as stipulated in the itinerary.
- Transportation in a chauffeur-driven 8-seater Van with pop-up roof for easy game viewing & photography for two PAX PEAK SEASON.
- Services of English speaking driver-guide.
- Game viewing drives and parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
- All Government taxes and levies.
- Free mineral water during game drives only.
- All meet and greet services.
- All arrival and departure transfers.
- 24 hours standby contact number.
- Guaranteed window seat in the vehicle (unless specified by agent).
- Two-way long-range high-frequency radio communication in each vehicle.
- On safari accessories in the vehicle: – First-aid kit, wildlife books, beanbags for easy photography, and a pair of binoculars, cool box and fire extinguisher.
- Visas fees and travel insurance.
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
- Extra activities (hot air balloon safari US$ 520 per person).
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s).
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Any local or international flight and departure taxes.
- Laundry services.
- Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary.
Day 1: Kigali/Arrival Rwanda:
Arrival and transfer to hotel for Dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Kigali City Tour & Genocide Sites:
Start historical-minded exploration of Kigali with visits to landmarks from colonial, post-colonial, independence era, genocide and the current times by visiting numerous places in Kigali, Kigali Genocide memorial site, Kandt Museum, Belgian camp, presidential palace, etc. Drive to Nyamata in the afternoon to visit the reconciliation village, Nyamata, and Ntarama genocide churches. Evening transfer Musanze and the Volcanoes National Park Overnight at La Palme Hotel.
Day 3: GORILLA TREKKING: Volcanoes National Park:
After breakfast, we transfer to the park. After completing our park formalities we are embarking on a once in a lifetime experience of tracking mountain gorillas. Once you spot them you are allowed to spend an hour watching your closest long-lost cousin. This is perhaps one of the most breath taking wildlife experiences on earth!!! You get so close to these awesome giant primates. You stare at each other blankly not knowing who to break the long silence first. Tracking the gorillas through the light mountain forest on the slopes of the Virunga is a magical experience. Be back at the base in time for a late lunch! Some gorilla families however are more elusive and tracking can take a full day, especially when it is wet and muddy. Dinner and overnight La Palme Hotel.
Day 4: Community-Based Tours & Fly out:
Breakfast at 7am then depart from hotel to go visit villages where they show case the production of banana and sorghum beer. After that, transfer to Kigali – Direct to the airport.